Foster Youth Prepare To Go Back To School
It’s that time of year again! Summer is coming to a close and children are preparing themselves to go back to school. This typically involves new clothes and school supplies to start the year off right. Thanks to the generosity of a donor in our community, Promises2Kids is pleased to help San Diego’s foster youth return to school prepared and in style.
Promises2Kids will be hosting Back-To-School Shopping Days for all San Diego foster youth ages 10 years and older this August.
No reservations are required to participate, if you meet the eligibility criteria below, please arrive at any of the following shopping days and locations:
Thursday August 8th 3:00-7pm – Target Escondido (new location: Auto Parkway)
Saturday August 10th 8:00-11am – Target Chula Vista (Plaza Bonita)
Tuesday August 13th 3:00-7pm – Target La Mesa (Grossmont Center)
Saturday August 24th 8:00-10am – Target Sports Arena Blvd
- Youth will check in by providing their last name and date of birth.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Youth not on the list must provide placement documentation or they will not be permitted to participate (sorry no exceptions will be made).
- Youth MUST be present in order to participate.
- Volunteers will assist youth with shopping; Caregivers, CASA’s, mentors and social workers are welcome to accompany the volunteers and youth.
- This opportunity is for youth to purchase an outfit and items for back to school. Therefore, youth WILL NOT be permitted to purchase the following items: food, gift cards, phones, phone cards, gaming cards, bath items, basic need items or groceries/laundry/cleaning items.
Promises2Kids will have volunteers on site to assist as personal shoppers, helping the teens as they shop and to collect their receipts at the end of their shopping spree.
Eligibility: All foster youth who are dependents with an open case, and not reunified – ages 10 and older, are eligible to participate (including Extended Foster Care).
All questions can be directed to the child’s County Social Worker.