Facts and Figures about Child Abuse and
- On average, 4 children die each day as a result of child abuse (childhelp.org, childabuse.com, connectforkids.org)
- State funding only partially covers the costs of basic care for foster kids.
- Every 10 seconds a child abuse report is placed.
- Children ages 0-3 are the most likely to experience abuse.
- 25 percent of all children entering the foster cares system are infants
- 79% of the children killed as a result of abuse are younger than 4.
Also visit the Facts & Figures page of this website.