Become a Camp Connect Volunteer
Working with foster kids as a Camp Connect volunteer can a very rewarding and life-enriching experience. There are no words that can adequately express the feeling of witnessing brothers and sisters who are living apart in foster care reunite. Camp Connect events are often filled with tears, memorable moments, excitement and joy.
How to Become a Camp Connect Volunteer
- You must be 21 or older
- You must enjoy being around children of all ages.
- You will work with children ranging in age from 5 to 18.
- You must complete a volunteer application (see Forms menu)
- You must complete a Live Scan (background check) through the County of San Diego (see Forms)
- You must attend a one-day event before volunteering for the four-day camp.
- We strongly recommend that you attend volunteer training through the Youth Mentor Program to gain skills and knowledge in working with foster children. For information on the Youth Mentor Program please email Ross Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers assist social workers in supervision of the children and also participate in activities such as arts and crafts, dancing, swimming, rock climbing and even riding roller coasters. See the Events Calendar for upcoming Camp Connect events.
If you have any questions regarding volunteer opportunities with Camp Connect, please contact Stephanie Trolinger at (858) 427-1106 or email email@example.com